Well, maybe more than a couple, but it won't be many seeing as how it's near Davis Cup time!
* Congrats to Roger Federer on winning his sixth year-end championship. It's a great feat, especially seeing as how this year hadn't exactly been up to his usual standards.
* As great as that was, though, I wish he would've played those other three guys--Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray--at their best.
* Speaking of those three guys, pretty weak effort from the lot of them. Well, maybe, it's not the effort, but the way they all broke down by the end of the year doesn't exactly instill me with a ton of confidence about them having lengthy careers like that of, oh let's say, Federer.
* Great way to end the season for Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Dude just has to stay healthy and he could be a legit threat to break up the big four.
* And a very nice effort by David Ferrer, getting to the semifinals: What happens if he wins that first set against Federer?
* Tough break for Mardy Fish, but if anything, he'll be hungrier to get back to the tournament again. Janko Tipsarevic, too.
* Tomas Berdych showed something there: Can he do more of that in '12?
That's it: More than a couple of words, but I still tried to keep it brief! For thoughts on the doubles there, check out The Doubles Alley!
1 year ago