So how do you like Wimbledon so far now that we're at the third round? Why, it was just yesterday we were in the second!
I know I'm digging it, and it's pretty wild to think that the round of 32 is upon us. I guess the biggest names to go so far in the tournament have been James Blake, Maria Sharapova, Juan Martin del Potro and Marat Safin. The Sharapova loss is shocking, and I thought Blake would've done better.
The matches have been of a pretty high quality, and there are a few on tap tomorrow that should continue that. Here's a few that I'll be keeping close tabs on:
* Mardy Fish vs. Novak Djokovic: I said earlier in the week that I thought Fish would get Djoko and I'm sticking by it! This could be a career-defining moment for Fish.
* Roger Federer vs. Philipp Kohlschreiber: Federer's going to be OK in this one. I just think it could be entertaining from a high-level-of-shotmaking perspective.
* Ivo Karlovic vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: INSANE firepower in this one!
* Francesca Schiavone vs. Marion Bartolis: Yes, I really will care about the outcome of this match, mainly because I like Frannie's game, but I think Bartoli will pull it off.
* Gisela Dulko vs. Nadia Petrova: Can Dulko follow up her upset over Sharapova tomorrow? I guess it's something we'll all see!
An old friend of mine and I used to talk tennis for hours, whether it was our own games or what was happening in the pros. I've started Tennis Talk, Anyone? to, well, talk tennis with an even broader crowd! My name is Van Sias and I've been playing for 20 years now, and not only am I player, I'm a huge fan of the game as well: pro, amateur, you name it. I'll post links to news items related to the sport, and offer my own personal opinion, predictions and hopefully get some of yours as well.