As many of us (not all, shout-out to the international contingent!) get ready for a whole buncha turkey eating today, there's plenty to be thankful for (like little Tillie for instance!). And there's a lot for us tennis fans to be thankful for after what we saw this past year, such as:
• Rafael Nadal's hard work being rewarded.
• Roger Federer continuing his march toward history.
• Both Williams sisters winning Slams.
• Spain and Russia both putting forth true team efforts and capturing the Davis Cup and Fed Cup, respectively.
• The top two expanding into the big four in men's tennis.
• Classic matches, such as Rafa-Roger at Wimbledon.
• Jelena Jankovic fighting her way to the top.
• Dinara Safina turning it around and playing to her potential.
• The Olympics, where Elena Dementieva achieved her career dream.
• Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka's doubles victory celebration!
• And me, personally, thankful for anyone reading what I write here at Tennis Talk, Anyone?!
So, if you're so inclined to celebrate it, have a Happy Thanksgiving, and if you don't, then have a great day!
An old friend of mine and I used to talk tennis for hours, whether it was our own games or what was happening in the pros. I've started Tennis Talk, Anyone? to, well, talk tennis with an even broader crowd! My name is Van Sias and I've been playing for 20 years now, and not only am I player, I'm a huge fan of the game as well: pro, amateur, you name it. I'll post links to news items related to the sport, and offer my own personal opinion, predictions and hopefully get some of yours as well.