Thursday, November 27, 2008
As many of us (not all, shout-out to the international contingent!) get ready for a whole buncha turkey eating today, there's plenty to be thankful for (like little Tillie for instance!). And there's a lot for us tennis fans to be thankful for after what we saw this past year, such as:
• Rafael Nadal's hard work being rewarded.
• Roger Federer continuing his march toward history.
• Both Williams sisters winning Slams.
• Spain and Russia both putting forth true team efforts and capturing the Davis Cup and Fed Cup, respectively.
• The top two expanding into the big four in men's tennis.
• Classic matches, such as Rafa-Roger at Wimbledon.
• Jelena Jankovic fighting her way to the top.
• Dinara Safina turning it around and playing to her potential.
• The Olympics, where Elena Dementieva achieved her career dream.
• Federer and Stanislas Wawrinka's doubles victory celebration!
• And me, personally, thankful for anyone reading what I write here at Tennis Talk, Anyone?!
So, if you're so inclined to celebrate it, have a Happy Thanksgiving, and if you don't, then have a great day!